Jamie joined SBH Legal as an associate in 2008. She came to the firm with a background in employment law, focusing largely on discrimination matters. She worked as a Senior Investigator at BOLI investigating employment discrimination and public accommodations claims. Prior to her tenure with BOLI, she worked with a national labor union representing more than 2 million members. Jamie continues to guide employers in hiring, firing and other employment matters as well as maintains an active workers’ compensation practice. She represents large corporations, small business, local non-profits as well as the insurers and TPAs used by her clients.
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D. (2004);
- Ohio University, BA (2000).
- Member of Oregon State Bar, Ohio State Bar (inactive) and U.S. District Court of Oregon.
- Jamie is a member of NW EEO/Affirmative Action Association (NWEEO).
- She is a regular presenter at the Annual Employment Law Conference hosted by the Bureau of Labor & Industries and also presents around the state on a variety of workers’ compensation and employment issues.
Charitable & Civic Activities
Jamie is a Kiwanian and active in her local community. She sits on the Boards of two children’s organizations; one a mentoring program for older kids needing additional support and the other that provides pre-K education to young children.
Things To Know About Jamie
- Jamie and her partner are the proud parents of two precocious and gregarious kids who keep them on their toes. The family can almost always be found enjoying the outdoors whether hiking, tooling around the neighborhood with their dogs, motorbiking or snowboarding.
- Jamie is also an active yogi, runner and voracious reader. This year she revisited James Baldwin, Maya Angelou and Tan-Nehisi Coats. She particularly enjoyed The Choice: Embrace the Possible, These Truths: A History of the United States and Educated.