Want To Join The SBH Team?
SBH is a good place to work with great people. We work hard and have fun. Together, we produce high-quality legal work for our clients. We appreciate and value everyone’s contributions.
We are always looking for smart, experienced, and talented people to join our supportive team-based work environment. SBH offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Send your resume and a cover letter describing your experience as an attorney, paralegal or law office staff member to our Office Administrator Carey Jones. No phone calls, please.
SBH Legal is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
SBH is hiring! We seek a full-time associate with 1 – 5 years of workers’ compensation or personal injury insurance defense experience to join our supportive and fun team-oriented work environment. Our new colleague will assume existing caseload of Oregon workers’ compensation cases in our growing Oregon and Washington workers’ compensation and employer defense law firm. The position requires a strong academic and professional record, exceptional oral and written communication skills, and excellent organizational and time management skills. In addition, we are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial view and interest in growing a practice. Oregon Bar membership required.
No positions currently open.
When hiring, we look for experienced and motivated full-time paralegals highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong oral and written communication skills, computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Time Matters, Adobe Pro experience helpful), excellent judgment, and a minimum three years of Oregon and/or Washington workers’ compensation paralegal experience handling extensive document/file management and organization, medical records review, discovery, scheduling, and docketing deadlines. Must have positive attitude, initiative, ability to manage multiple priorities, attention to detail, a solid work ethic, and the ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
No positions currently open.
When hiring, we seeking full-time experienced legal assistants to join our legal team. We are working remotely due to COVID-19 until we can move into our newly remodeled 3-story office building in SW Portland. Our legal assistants work in a paperLess office environment supporting attorneys with opening new matters in our case management system Time Matters, drafting, formatting, proofreading, and finalizing correspondence and legal documents, docketing, scheduling, phone call handling, expense tracking, and other legal administrative duties.
Successful legal assistant candidates possess the following:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting workers’ compensation or litigation attorneys in a law firm setting
- Positive and professional office and phone demeanor and etiquette
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to proofread material for contextual, grammatical, and spelling errors
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn and adapt to technology changes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office/Word and Adobe/PDF software (Time Matters experience a plus)
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong organizational abilities with an eye for detail and effective time management to meet important deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with all colleagues
- Participation in atmosphere of teamwork and congeniality
- Punctuality and strong work ethic