Michael joined SBH Legal in 2017. He came to SBH Legal after working for several years at another employer defense firm in the Pacific Northwest. Michael represents Washington and Oregon employers and insurers in workers’ compensation and related employment defense matters including wrongful termination, wage & hour disputes, OSHA claims, discrimination claims, FMLA claims, other disability-related claims. Michael also defends claims under the Longshore & Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.
Raised in La Grande, OR, Michael is a native Oregonian and proud to call the Pacific Northwest home. In between undergraduate and law school, Michael spent several months exploring Europe. Outside of work, he enjoys playing sports, exploring the outdoors, and spending time with friends and family.
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D. (2014);
- Eastern Oregon University, B.S. (2010).
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Washington Self-Insurers Association
Something you may not know about Michael
- Favorite restaurant in Portland? Ringside Steakhouse & Bamboo Sushi
- Ducks or Beavers? Go Ducks!
- Hobbies: Skiing/Snowboarding, Golfing, & Wine tasting