Michael joined SBH Legal in 2017 and became a partner in 2023. He advises clients on mitigating risk and managing pre-litigation situations, but also represents his clients in all levels of litigation including administrative hearings, jury trials, and appellate litigation. His practice includes state and federal employment defense matters including workers’ compensation, wrongful termination, ADA, wage & hour, OSHA/WISHA claims, and all other employment-related discrimination claims.
Born and raised in Eastern Oregon, he is native to the Pacific Northwest. He and his wife, Taylor, live in Portland with their son, Jackson, and golden retriever, Watson.
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D. (2014)
- Eastern Oregon University, B.S. (2010)
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Washington Self-Insurers Association
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
Something you may not know about Michael
- Favorite restaurant? Ringside Steakhouse.
- Where did you honeymoon? South Africa (it was the best).
- Hobbies? Golfing, Snowboarding, and spending time with his family.