Randi is a member of SBH Legal’s employment practice group. She litigates claims involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, medical leave, disability accommodation, and wage and hour disputes on behalf of employers. Randi also advises employers on a number of employment issues including compliance with state and federal employment laws and in drafting employment policies and handbooks. In addition, Randi practices Oregon workers’ compensation defense on behalf of employers and insurers.
Randi grew up in Washougal, Washington and is the only attorney in a family of wildland firefighters. She currently lives with her husband in Northeast Portland. Before going to law school, Randi interned at the Washington State Legislature and studied abroad in Milan, Italy. Outside of work, Randi enjoys spending time with family and exploring all the Pacific Northwest has to offer through hiking, camping, mountain biking, snowboarding and cross-country skiing.
Recent Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Proposed Unemployment Rule May Impact Oregon Employers – SBH Blog September 9, 2020
- Oregon Health Authority Releases Reopening Guidance for Oregon Employers – SBH Blog May 13, 2020
- Effective April 2nd: Employers Must Provide Paid Sick Leave and Paid FMLA Leave Related to COVID-19 – SBH Blog March 20, 2020
- Oregon – COVID-19 Incident Reports, Workers’ Comp, Wage and Leave Issues – SBH Blog March 13, 2020
- Sather Byerly & Holloway Annual Oregon Workshop: Mock Hearing, November 2019
- Sather Byerly & Holloway Annual Oregon Workshop: Oregon Leave Laws, November 2018
- Employment Law 101: Covering the Basics for Small Businesses and Employers in Emerging Industries, February 2017
- Essentials of Employment Law Seminar: The ACA and Employer Mandate – Sterling Education Services, June 2016
- Fundamentals of Employment Law: Sexual, Racial and Other Harassment in the Workplace – Sterling Education Services, Inc., June 2015
- Lewis and Clark Law School, J.D. Certificate in Business Law;
- Washington State University, B.A. magna cum laude.
- Federal Bar Association, Oregon Chapter (President-elect)
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Oregon Business & Industry Employment Practices Committee
Something you may not know about Randi
- Favorite sports team? Washington State (Go Cougs!)
- Any pets? Grigio (cat)
- Hobbies: Traveling to new destinations, coed softball, watching an occasional Timbers match, trying Portland’s latest and greatest restaurants and breweries.